Re: [opensuse] A Smart Question

On Sun, 2007-06-24 at 21:02 +0100, Bob Williams wrote:
On Sunday 24 June 2007 18:28:01 Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Bob Williams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-24-07 12:57]:
If I use smart to install packages, do I have to run suseconfig
afterwards?

Depends on whether the packager of the rpm included the script to run
that and/or ldconfig. I *usually* run:

SuSEconfig ;ldconfig

after update/installation via smart.

FWIW: I had seen this advice before on this list and followed it
slavishly, but now I don't whether it is 100% necessary ;-). That is,
when doing a smart install/upgrade just today I saw in smart's logs that
it, or suse, does a suseconfig and syscongig (or some such) after each
major package upgrade (eg, OO.o, firefox, etc). I guess even if not
necessary it can't hurt ;-)

Gavin