Re: [opensuse] Intel Core Duo "buggy as hell"?
- From: Billie Erin Walsh <bilwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 04:53:52 -0500
On 06/29/2007 russbucket wrote:
How about openSUSE 10.2. I'm looking at a new systen with Intel Core Duo
I bought this machine, brought it home, installed 10.2 x86-64 and have
had very few complaints. Most of my complaints have centered around HAL.
It seems that HAL has been fixed, at least to some degree, in one of the
updates somewhere along the line as it works pretty well most of the
time. [ not great and not all the time but better than before ] AND I
didn't install Smart [ Stupid ] from the git go.
Linus Thorvald said the problems with the dual core was no problem and
so far I haven't seen where it is. Now that doesn't mean that when you
install you won't run face first into one of the problems because your
computer use and mine will be different. [ In other words, YMMV ] But
for me it has been a very good setup. It's been about seven month's and
I'm a happy camper with 10.2 x86-64 and a dual core Intel.
Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.
The three best words in the English Language:
"I LOVE YOU"
Pass them on!
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Re: Update of VMware ?
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] Re: Update of VMware ?
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] Intel Core Duo "buggy as hell"?
- Next by thread: [opensuse] Re: Intel Core Duo "buggy as hell"?