Re: [opensuse] Is the list OK ?

On Monday 09 July 2007 04:28, Bob S wrote:
Hi SuSE people,

Is the list OK ? The day before yesterday I only received a total of 12
messages. Yesterday received only 18. Today I received only 43.

Just me?

Bob S.

I think it is fine. I have my list folder set to autoexpire messages after 6
months, and for about 3 weeks now, I have noticed a daily reduction in the
number of messages it holds. I think that beyond it being summer, there are 2
factors at work:

1] 10.2 seems to be a good release, so folk are having relatively few issues,
and we are a fair way into the release cycle

2] Because of spam, I think people are less likely to sign up to and remain
with email based lists such as this - preferring to use web based bulletin
boards. Certainly, when I move house shortly, and change ISP, I won't sign up
in the way I used to.

  • Re: zero knowledge proof for large lists
    ... > Alice and Bob have two lists S and T. Both lists contain a large amount ... Alice and Bob want to ... This shows a truly zero-knowledge version, unlike your own protocol. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: The greatest artist of all time
    ... Sorry, unlike your friend, Raja from RMB, I don't keep lists, but if ... my posts going back to 1999 for that pro and con total. ... but I like Bob Dylan's music. ... Truth be told...One of the reasons I decided to leave RMB in early ...
    (rec.music.dylan)
  • Re: Dynamic Menus in Lists
    ... Bob I certainly appreciate your response. ... I don't mind taking the time to ... > by building it on top of a framework such as .NET and SharePoint. ... >> lists that I would like to tie in to this but I want each list to display ...
  • Re: Alice ADAMSON
    ... > Bob Cunning wrote: ... but I am on several other Rootsweb Mail lists. ... Sarah ADAMSON and married Theodore Ryton BENSON in June 1890. ... I have all the Census details for Alice and apart from 1901, ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: zero knowledge proof for large lists
    ... > Alice and Bob have two lists S and T. Both lists contain a large amount ... Alice and Bob want to ... > The problem with this scenario is that both lists are very large (1.5 ...
    (sci.crypt)