Re: [opensuse] Network settings

On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 19:59 -0400, John wrote:
I have used ifconfig, net and route,
I would use only ifconfig and route.

(sorry about the comparison, but like ipconfig /all in win)
ipconfig /all doesn't show routing tables. You still need to use route
print in win, which is the same as ifconfig + route in Linux.

Toshi

  • Re: [opensuse] Re: domain and email forwarding
    ... The standard edition is FREE. ... The route shows that the message comes from one ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: eth0: no IPv6 router present
    ... The ifconfig shows that eth0 has been given the address ... That is the job of route. ... subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: FC4 internet connection
    ... can you post the output to the following commands? ... service network status ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Connecting to internet through ethernet card..
    ... I have ethernet card for inet connection. ... here is results of commands, be shure - hidden IP's pointed correctly. ... I've used ifconfig command to assign certain IPs and netmasks to ... I've used route to add the default gateway. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: TCPIP : Lost default route
    ... I have also seen ifconfig commands remove the default route. ... $SYSCONFIG -r inet tcp_recvspace=129904 ...
    (comp.os.vms)