[opensuse] yast2, can't edit "Installation_Source"...

Hello Family,

I run SuSE-10.2 on multiple machines/laptops and on one box I cannot
seem to edit the "Installation Source" to change from my initial NFS
install to another source. It affects everything, software package
adds too.

(question)

I recall years ago, YAST having a standard text file that you could
edit vs using the TAST console system. Can I still do that, if not
can I somehow uninstall and reinstall the YAST-2 engine?

Did a check on the packages and there is alot of "yast" based
rpms... too many to sort thru.

THanks

--
Bill Schoolcraft <*> http://wiliweld.com

"Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday,
lying in hospitals dying of nothing."
-- Redd Foxx

  • Re: [opensuse] yast2, cant edit "Installation_Source"...
    ... seem to edit the "Installation Source" to change from my initial NFS ... YAST having a standard text file that you could ... Here I can edit Installation Source without problems. ... Though, I use console tool zypper for that, as it is much faster to add, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: KDE322 into 9.0
    ... > as an installation source in YaST. ... > directory on server: ... As long as I've been using Yast it's been loosing it ... Then I ran rpm -Uvf *.rpm against the lot ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • [opensuse] Adding an installation source to YaST (SUSE 10.0 AMD64 x 2)
    ... It's time I got this business of adding installation sources to YaST thing sorted. ... I'd really like to install the latest versions of Mono and Monodevelop, so I went to the web site, which advises SUSE uses to add the installation source: ... Finally, just for the heck of it, I turned refresh off and tried again. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Adding an installation source to YaST (SuSE 10.0/AMD64)
    ... I've made several abortive attempts to add an installation source to YaST without success. ... I'd really like to install the latest versions of Mono and Monodevelop, so I went to the web site, which advises SUSE uses to add the installation source: ... Finally, just for the heck of it, I turned refresh off and tried again. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [SLE] KDE3.3.1
    ... > a document somewhere that explains the steps to use when dependences are ... Easiest is to do the following with YaST: ... Add the ftp.gwdg.de ftp site as an http installation source. ... choose "Update installed packages only" and uncheck "delete ...
    (SuSE)