Re: [opensuse] Software RAID with existing drive

Brandon Carl wrote:
On 07/12/2007 06:49 AM, Brandon Carl wrote:
Hurray!! It is working!
Great!
Finally!
I think I might create a tutorial on how to do this in case others run
into the same situation I was in.
Sounds like a good idea, while it is fresh.

So, finally, is there a way I can make absolutely sure the raid array
is up, running, and mirroring before I release this server back onto
my company's network?

-Brandon
mdadm --detail /dev/md10 and mdadm --detail /dev/md11. That will tell
you the present state. I have now forgotten which version you were
using, but if 10.2 you can have mdadm (which you should have enabled in
the runlevel editor) email you about any status changes, like a disk
that goes offline for any reason. You can also test to make sure Yast
Partitioner sees it all ok. Final test is a reboot. If it passes all
those, it is good to go.

--
Joe Morris

I am running 10.2, but how would I set it up to email me?

Yast, System, etc/sysconfig Editor, System, File Systems, Mdadm,
MDADM_MAIL. Just put in your email address.
--
Joe

Thanks, although I'm not sure if I have sendmail configured correctly.