Re: [opensuse] Software RAID with existing drive

Brandon Carl wrote:
On 07/12/2007 06:49 AM, Brandon Carl wrote:
Hurray!! It is working!
Great!
Finally!
I think I might create a tutorial on how to do this in case others run
into the same situation I was in.
Sounds like a good idea, while it is fresh.

So, finally, is there a way I can make absolutely sure the raid array
is up, running, and mirroring before I release this server back onto
my company's network?

-Brandon
mdadm --detail /dev/md10 and mdadm --detail /dev/md11. That will tell
you the present state. I have now forgotten which version you were
using, but if 10.2 you can have mdadm (which you should have enabled in
the runlevel editor) email you about any status changes, like a disk
that goes offline for any reason. You can also test to make sure Yast
Partitioner sees it all ok. Final test is a reboot. If it passes all
those, it is good to go.

--
Joe Morris

I am running 10.2, but how would I set it up to email me?

Yast, System, etc/sysconfig Editor, System, File Systems, Mdadm,
MDADM_MAIL. Just put in your email address.
--
Joe

Thanks, although I'm not sure if I have sendmail configured correctly.

  • Re: [opensuse] Software RAID with existing drive
    ... that goes offline for any reason. ... You can also test to make sure Yast ... Partitioner sees it all ok. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Software RAID with existing drive
    ... that goes offline for any reason. ... You can also test to make sure Yast ... Partitioner sees it all ok. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: how to mount internal extra sata disk for users rw access?
    ... RS Wood wrote: ... And the reason for this is what, ... Yast (or, in this case, the partitioner) automatically knows the symbolic ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [opensuse] Curious about Yast2 Partitioner
    ... I am not sure I buy your claim about users, given the number of references I have seen by other users in this mail list, in regards to using the Yast partitioner, as well as references I encounter while doing internet searches. ... Then later, if the user wants to install a new version of openSuSE, and wants to keep the old version, then he/she will eventually face the situation of having to re-size and possibly move partitions around. ... It is interesting to note that it appears that other Linux distro's are using GParted as their default/supplied partitioner on their Live CDs and on their installation media. ...
    (SuSE)
  • [opensuse] Re: [opensuse-amd64] Some problems after upgrading to 10.2
    ... For some reason, rpm seems to consume over 99% of the CPU time. ... If I invoke yast from inside KDE as a normal user, ... from the command line, the very same password is recognized. ... you make sure you did an on-line update configuration. ...
    (SuSE)