Re: [opensuse] Software Installer

You could well be right. I plan to try opensuseupdater as well.

Donald D. Henson, Managing Director
West El Paso Information Network
The "Non-Initiation of Force Principle" Rules

Sloan wrote:
Yikes, I thought the answer was not to switch to smart, but rather to
use the open suse updater which comes on the 10.2 install disks. The
"enterprise" updater is admittedly problematic for most users, but the
"opensuse" updater works well.

Joe

Donald D Henson wrote:

I'm trying your advice, i.e. removing zen and rug and using Smart. It'
taking me awhile to figure out how to use it but I have successfully
added a couple of channels. I, in fact, used Smart to remove rug. Now
I'm waiting for an "interesting" update to see how that works.

Thanks to all for some apparently good advice.