Re: [opensuse] $HOME NFS-mounted

2007/7/17, Rui Pedro Mendes Salgueiro <rps@xxxxxxxxx>:
Sorry for the other message. I meant to erase the In-Reply-To header,
I thought I had done it, but I forgot :( Trying again:

Hello.

In our network we have the user $HOMEs mounted via NFS. This has been working
ok for many years (the servers have changed over time, of course).

This year, when we upgraded our server from Suse 9.1 to 10.1 things got
very slow, mostly the KDE login. (note: the hardware didn't change and the
problem is solved if I boot with the old version.) I suspect the problem
is something to do with locks, but I have been unable to confirm it.

I wonder if someone else had the same or similar problem and what they
did about it.
-------------

My kernel is:
Linux 2.6.16.27-0.9-smp #1 SMP Tue Feb 13 09:35:18 UTC 2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

The filesystems are ext3 and the disks are 4 SATA drives with RAID-1

/dev/md0 /home/xxx/disco1 ext3 rw,data=ordered,usrquota 0 0
/dev/md1 /home/xxx/disco2 ext3 rw,data=ordered,usrquota 0 0

Thanks in advance

--
rps

Ok, trying again, hope nobody tries to cut my head...

Check the NFS protocol used, try to force it to NFSv3 on both sides
(client and server)

Ciro