Re: [opensuse] Soundblaster 24 live!

Thierry de Coulon wrote:
On Saturday, 21. July 2007, Bob Ewart wrote:
I have a Sound Blaster 24 Live! board on a older Dell machine. It works
in Windoze and Kubuntu, but not in openSUSE 10.2 or 10.3 alpha 6. It
used to work on older SuSE releases.

In 10.2 YAST says it's there and configured. KMix comes up with a
little red x on the icon and the mixer window shows nothing.

In 10.3 alpha 6, YAST says it's there and configured. KMix comes up
normally and the mixer window shows all the sliders. Still no sound.
lsmod shows that the ca0106 module is loaded.

I've been trying to figure out how kubuntu and suse configure the sound
system, but no luck so far.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Bob

I've had this with a Sound Blaster Live! I'm not sure exactly what helped cure
it but you might try deleting the .xine directory in your home. It did help
once (don't remeber why acutally).

The last time I had this it was not obvious but all channels were muted (in
kmix this showed by the fact that the small "leds" over the sliders were dark
green (off), so I clicked on them, they became light green and I had sound.

Hope this helps!

Thierry

I don't have a .xine directory on either release and no "leds" in either
mixer window.

I did delete the sound card in YAST on 10.2 and re-configured it. Now
the mixer window comes up with sliders (no "leds") and KMix doesn't have
the little red x anymore. Still no sound.

--
Bob