Re: [opensuse] RE: Damaged Master Boot Record

Registration Account wrote:
I have 3 HDD in my PC. No matter which Disk I partition
to be the boot drive via the GUI Partitioner, I cannot
boot the PC from HDD. I am sure the MBR is corrupted -
I am using GRUB with NO NTFS Partitions. I cannot find
many clear directions on how to re-write the MBR. Can
some one please help me with a few clear directions on
how to correct this - Perhaps after replying to me you
might like to consider writing a SDB page on this as
there is little info on this
Thanks Scott

Boot from your opensuse install disk. Select 'installation' (you will
not do a complete install). Select your language, accept license. At
that point select 'other options>repair installed system'. Then select
'expert options', then 'install new boot loader'. That should do it.

Jim

  • Re: How to delete all partitions for a complete reinstall
    ... keep all the other partitions since the MBR is kept. ... Sorry to ask this question in ubuntu list. ... During the XP install process you can delete all of your partitions ... partition in the new GRUB menu (shows on boot allowing you to choose ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: GRUB, MBR and NTLDR confusion
    ... that GRUB can be loaded on to the boot partition instead of the MBR ... What you want is to install it to the MBR of /dev/hda. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Any way to write to an NTFS partition?
    ... >>We currently add RH 7.3 and GRUB to the MBR for demos. ... > you can do is come up with a Win script to copy the linux.bin copy of ... > the /boot partition boot sector, edit boot.ini, etc. ... Corporate IT has let us install GRUB in the MBR but someone may ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: how to set up a dual boot system
    ... a slice on the first disk for windows? ... The MBR should also be on the other two disks, ... Then you have to install a boot sector ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: XP HOME BOOT FAILURE
    ... Boot the system, start tapping F8, when the menu appears, select ... download install and run the application: ... A repair install should bypass that but it will ... >> on, follow the screens. ...