Re: [opensuse] 10.2 SAX/8600GT Strange Problem

Hi, Roger,

Thanks for advice. I HAVE it installed, latest version, otherwise "modprobe
nvidia" would not work.

On Wednesday 08 August 2007 18:48:35 Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
http://en.opensuse.org/HCL/Video_Cards only goes to 8500. I think you
will need the nvidia binary driver to get this to work. Or maybe a newer
version of X.org's nv driver might support this card. The best bet is to
install the nvidia driver. See http://en.opensuse.org/NVIDIA for info on
installing the nvidia binary driver. It is easy.

  • Re: Nvidia comment
    ... the installer insists that the driver is installed. ... By the way, the nVidia card is brand new, by Albatron, the 6600 256 model. ... bought it after unsuccessfully and repeatedly trying to install the 3d ... > graphics card/driver setup unless either a kernel upgrade or graphics ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Skjermkluss i Mandriva 2006
    ... skjermkort samt 19 tommers flatskjerm. ... NVidia driverne, endrer skjermfrekvensen seg fra 60 hertz til 75, og dette ... OpenGL install prefix: /usr ... -> The latest NVIDIA Accelerated Graphics Driver for Linux-x86 (version ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • How can I fix errors and warnings in nvidia module for Tesla C1060
    ... I am trying to install driver of nvidia Tesla C1060 on x86 based ... Unable to load the kernel module 'nvidia.ko'. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Dependencies problem while upgrading
    ... nvidia module, I would rather switch to the Nouveau driver. ... I used yum for installing. ... I understand Fedora can't say how to install it, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: X lock / crash + slowdowns - fc2
    ... inspect libraries based on the hints below or just tidy up. ... One area of caution may be cleaning up nVidia driver and library bits ... If you have the luxury of a clean install make the minimum of config ...
    (Fedora)