Re: [opensuse] 10.2 SAX/8600GT Strange Problem

On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 11:34 +0200, Matthias Titeux wrote:

I have kind of the same problem (well it is not really a problem actually),
with an MSI 7600GT (AGP) under OpenSuSE 10.2. The nvidia driver is properly
installed, xorg.conf points to the nvidia driver and 3D is working perfectly
(even Beryl/Compiz/Xgl). So as you see, no real problem. But if i launch
Sax2, it lists the card as VESA Framebuffer, and I can't change this
behaviour. The card is supposed to be supported (SUSE HDB) but it was the
PCIe version.

Similar here. I think it is because SAX does not know about the nvidia
binary driver. It only knows what it can probe and id. For that I am
assuming it uses only x.org's drivers.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB
Kapellgränd 7
P.O. Box 4205
SE-102 65 Stockholm, Sweden

Tel: Int +46 8-615 60 20
Fax: Int +46 8-31 42 23

  • Re: NVIDIA GeForce ti4200 Help Needed...
    ... I have a Geforce 6600 and sometime ago I updated just for updating sake and on restart the screen stopped in VGA mode. ... I had to use a driver clean-up utility and reinstall the drivers I had on prior to trying the update. ... it was suggeested that I try Nvidia driver version 84.21. ...
  • Re: Help! Gnome-Shell segfault.
    ... GDM login screen. ... driver. ... reference to a gnome-shell segfault! ... I uninstalled the nvidia driver and reverted back to the ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: nvidia fx5500
    ... Peter Garrett wrote: ... | driver, not the restricted nvidia driver. ... I had a SiS onboard card ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • RE: Nouveau driver on F10
    ... Subject: Nouveau driver on F10 ... I was using it on Fedora 10 with nvidia card: ... nvidia driver against your new kernel and all should just work. ... E-mails sent on behalf of AMEC are sent on behalf of the relevant AMEC ...
    (Fedora)
  • mouse lock-ups
    ... nVidia driver card update. ... Installed the game, everything running ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)