Re: [opensuse] 10.2 SAX/8600GT Strange Problem

On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 11:34 +0200, Matthias Titeux wrote:

I have kind of the same problem (well it is not really a problem actually),
with an MSI 7600GT (AGP) under OpenSuSE 10.2. The nvidia driver is properly
installed, xorg.conf points to the nvidia driver and 3D is working perfectly
(even Beryl/Compiz/Xgl). So as you see, no real problem. But if i launch
Sax2, it lists the card as VESA Framebuffer, and I can't change this
behaviour. The card is supposed to be supported (SUSE HDB) but it was the
PCIe version.

Similar here. I think it is because SAX does not know about the nvidia
binary driver. It only knows what it can probe and id. For that I am
assuming it uses only x.org's drivers.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST