[opensuse] Active Directory Integration

My division is moving towards Active Directory. We have a MS guy
in-house right now working on migrating from our NT 4 PDC to a Win2k3
AD scheme for our 1500 or so workers.

As some of you know, I have one laptop and one desktop here on
opensuse. I asked him about AD integration and he wasn't sure what to
do for *nix clients.

From my google searches, it seems I need a combination of SAMBA (which
I run), PAM, Kerberos, and a few other acronyms.

What are your experiences authenticating and obtaining resources in an
AD world?

Here's some of the links I found...

http://reverendted.wordpress.com/2006/09/12/linux-goes-mad/

http://www.channelinsider.com/article/Moving+from+NT+to+Samba/135527_1.aspx

http://www.informit.com/articles/printerfriendly.aspx?p=413095&rl=1

http://muyiwataiwo.com/main/book/print/39

http://www.novell.com/coolblogs/?p=954

http://en.opensuse.org/YaST_Kerberos_Client

http://blog.scottlowe.org/2007/03/22/sled-integration-into-active-directory/

Ugh!

  • Re: UK consumers should boycott all companies who take on job seekers without paying them
    ... Tesco (and the ... How does one apply/register for this scheme to offer such a worthy public ... trades, but I'll settle for just two free workers, I'm not greedy. ... You get a couple of probation officers and half a dozen to a dozen of bad lads who have to paint or do basic renovation work as recompense for their misdemeanours. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: UK consumers should boycott all companies who take on job seekers without paying them
    ... Tesco (and the ... How does one apply/register for this scheme to offer such a worthy public ... trades, but I'll settle for just two free workers, I'm not greedy. ... You get a couple of probation officers and half a dozen to a dozen of bad lads who have to paint or do basic renovation work as recompense for their misdemeanours. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: RFD: Kernel release numbering
    ... but moving to the even/odd scheme is worse. ... The devel tree would not be bound to release cycles and would just ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: [SLE] moving /var
    ... let's just generalize this to moving an active directory to another file ... wtmp and other important active files. ... (I recommend booting the rescue for moving /var). ... and both utmp and wtmp are writen to by ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: migrating user profile
    ... > moving the user's locally saved profile from the old domain ... Active Directory Migration Tool Overview ... Set Up ADMT for Windows NT 4.0 to Windows 2000 Migration ...