[opensuse] Re: [opensuse-factory] Open Office 2.2
- From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 18:32:35 -0400
* Donn Washburn <n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxx> [08-18-07 17:47]:
Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Donn Washburn <n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxx> [08-18-07 11:21]:As a RPM from Sun directly
Any one downloaded OpenOffice 2.2 from Sun and installed it?
I have downloaded and installed OO for years.
An rpm build for openSUSE?
That's the *wrong* answer. As they are available and cutting-edge,
why do you (and many other people) insist on using rpms not build for
your distro and/or complying and causing other problems that may or
may not appear sometime in the future?
RPMs MADE FOR openSUSE are available:
A lot of intellegent people are wasting a lot of their valuable time
trying to provide packages that will *work* correctly with your (your
meaning openSUSE users) system if the packages are not going to be
used. The other (non-openSUSE specific) packages and of a generic
nature made to work *mostly* with *most* systems (in most cases).
openSUSE systems havee been patched annd manipulated to "work better"
for you and packages need to respect those alterations.
again: Replied to list.
Patrick Shanahan Plainfield, Indiana, USA HOG # US1244711
http://wahoo.no-ip.org Photo Album: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2
Registered Linux User #207535 @ http://counter.li.org
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Re: Server Freezes Randomly
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] Re: Server Freezes Randomly
- Previous by thread: [opensuse] 10.3 Beta 2 - Yast installer issues?
- Next by thread: [opensuse] when?