[opensuse] Problems unmounting optical Disks (DVD/CD)

Hello

I am having problem unmounting optical disks. I receive the following error:

The KDE mediamanager is not running.
media:///sr0 cannot be found.

I have also tried the force option on the unmount comand and received an error
device busy. I can access media:/sr0 through Konqueror and when I enter
media:///sr0 in Konqueror it redirects me to media:/sr0. Services Manager in
kcontrol does indicate the KDED Media Manager is running. Is there a document
that explains how the whole mechanism for mounting media under KDE? How is it
setup? How can I customize it to work for me? For a front end I am using the
media applet. I do not know what other application are involved with this
function udev, ... Can someone point me to the documentation? I have look
through the KDE manuals but have not found any information at the system
level. For example how do I change media:///sr0 to media:/sr0 (I am not even
sure if this is necessary)

I have been using open source os for nine years (FreeBSD for most of that
time) I have been sticking with the mount and umount at the CLI. The
automount function in my laptop just seem to work both. This current system,
running OpenSUSE 10.2, has been a nightmare one problem after another.

Thank You
Aaron

PS I have search google for this error and did not find a solution.

  • Re: KDE, kernel or other problem?
    ... > My CD-RW refuses to eject media from KDE (NOT form GNOME) when I'm using ... This a very annoying KDE problem, I get around it by just using ye old ... xterm for accessing all removable media. ... Bluescreen leads to downtime. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: [opensuse] Problems unmounting optical Disks (DVD/CD)
    ... The KDE mediamanager is not running. ... Manager in kcontrol does indicate the KDED Media Manager is running. ... are involved with this function udev, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] remove usb disk
    ... However under KDE 3 the command line syntax is a bit easier, ... media management system as if you were selecting 'Safely Remove' from the UI. ... First 'dcop kded mediamanager fullList' for the list of media attached to the ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [kde] Autostart removable media setting
    ... I looked through KDE 4.10's System Settings configuration areas and I ... other user actions on removable media, ... When media detection and actions are setup, ... and for configuring them as necessary. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: My DVD reader doesnt always load....
    ... Your inability to read your media may have at least two causes: ... but you should be able to find it in KDE as well. ... do some basic scsi, drive, and driver checking (man wodim) ... most probably to kernel scsi subsystem maintainers. ...
    (Fedora)