Re: [opensuse] Re: How many cpu's can linux support?
- From: Rafa Grimán <rafagriman@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 13:44:24 +0200
El Thursday 30 August 2007, Jan Engelhardt escribió:
On Aug 27 2007 13:39, Rafa GrimÃ¡n wrote:
El Monday 27 August 2007, Alexey Eremenko escribiÃ³:
openSUSE bigsmp kernel supports up to 32 x86 processors.
AFAIK you can build custom kernel with support of up to 255 x86
SLES 10 supports up to 1024 cores _out of the box_ on SGI Altix servers
(NUMA systems aka SSI, _not_ clusters).
And there is hardly room for expansion.
Your Altix 4700 already comes with 512 cores...
And it scales upto 1024 cores and 128 TeraBytes of RAM in a SSI (one kernel
running). NOT a cluster ;)
"We cannot treat computers as Humans. Computers need love."
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Kmail sigserv
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] Really need help from networking guru
- Previous by thread: [opensuse] Kmail sigserv
- Next by thread: [opensuse] aMule eating a world of RAM