Re: [opensuse] Ext3 vs Reiser FS
- From: Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 21:02:10 -0700
On Monday 10 September 2007 11:30, Aaron Kulkis wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
The Monday 2007-09-10 at 10:03 -0400, bcoffey@ wrote:
I am about to install openSuSE 10.2 on two new computers and see that
the 10.2 default file system is ext3 and not Reiser. I'd like some
advice as whether to accept the ext3 default or to go with Reiser as I
have in the past.
The reiserfs will likely not get improvements, that's all. If it has
worked for you in the past, you can just keep using it as safely as
before. I use it.
In my experience, reiserfs is not safe. It frequently fails
(corruption and/or file loss) in the event of improper shutdown
such as power failure or system crash.
In defence of Reiser - what version was that?
I had many problems with just the above in 9.3. Once I upgraded to 10.0, the
problems went away.
Of course, when I build my 10.2 laptop, I am using EXT3. I'm still using
Reiser on my upgraded desktops - one of which has been running since 9.1 on
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Gigabyte M61p-s3
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] Questions for Partitioning guru's - Solved
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] Ext3 vs Reiser FS
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] Ext3 vs Reiser FS