Re: [opensuse] Script fails for unknown reason

Theo v. Werkhoven wrote:
Thu, 13 Sep 2007, by joe@xxxxxxxxxx:

Theo v. Werkhoven wrote:
Hi list,

This is part of a script to manage accounts of a vsftpd server
It's called after an account is added, deleted or when a password
has been changed.
It's not immediately apparent to me why the script sometimes fails, but I've
been running vsftpd from xinetd for years on a busy site, so this sort of
thing is not needed. Any particular reason you need to run it standalone?

There's no reason not to.
(x)inetd is usefull when the resources are limited, and when it's
better to have a single process listening for incoming connections,
but in my server there are plenty resources for a stand-alone FTP
server and the other services too (openVPN, sftp, ssh, Postfix), so
why would I make it difficult with secondary xinetd process?
Anyway, this has nothing to do with the problem.

It has everything to do with the problem - if you run vsftpd from xinetd there
is no need to manually restart it when adding/deleting/changing user accounts.
In fact that's one of the main reasons we switched to xinetd. But, that
doesn't answer your question, so I will respectfully bow out of the discussion
now.

Joe

  • Sending email to mydomain.com
    ... They do not offer an smtp server, ... different from the user account names for the exchange ... I added one user account in the POP3 Mailbox Accounts ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Critical e-mail problem.
    ... I upgraded from Win2K Server to WinSBS2003 on my desktop ... of my POP3 e-mail accounts as an Exchange Server account. ... I found that I was only receiving mail from the Exchange ... your Outlook profile will have Exchange as its default (and this ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Critical e-mail problem.
    ... I upgraded from Win2K Server to WinSBS2003 on my desktop ... of my POP3 e-mail accounts as an Exchange Server account. ... I found that I was only receiving mail from the Exchange ... your Outlook profile will have Exchange as its default (and this ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Integrated security - why not?
    ... Let me explain why we seldom use Integrated Security for Internet asp.net ... how could we setup accounts for them? ... !server to the public network with services such as SQL Server (remember SQL ... The DC at the ISP is not for our own use. ...
  • Re: mailbox disabled
    ... When the user accounts on the server were initially created the client ... e-mail from outside the network would receive the "mailbox has been ... had been told the mailbox was disabled on the recipient ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)