Re: [opensuse] rkhunter warning

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007, Carl Hartung wrote:
Hi All,

I've run a manual scan with rkhunter and received the following warning:

- - - - - 8< - - - - -
Scanning for hidden files... [ Warning! ]
---------------
/dev/.tmp-22-64
/dev/.udev /etc/.pwd.lock
---------------
Please inspect: /dev/.tmp-22-64 (block special (22/64))

[Press <ENTER> to continue]

I seem to recall seeing this issue addressed some time ago but I'm not getting
any relevant Google hits.

Is this normal or how should I proceed?

You need to edit rkhunter.conf and add the files or directories. There
are some examples in the file. I have added the /dev/.udev and
/etc/pwd.lock. I am not sure waht the /dev/.tmp-22-64 file is. Once they
are added it should be clean when running and will fix the error/warning.

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx>