[opensuse] pidgin for 10.2?

Hi All,

It appears pidgin 2.1.1 (successor to gaim) is included with openSUSE 10.3.
Does anyone know if there are any plans to backport it for 10.2 and/or
earlier?

I only ask because I've had gaim shut down (*not* crash, but actually sign out
and close) apparently on it's own, and b) twice, now, I've attempted to open
a chat with a relative and Vista has responded by promptly shutting down on
him.

I might have found the second strange behavior humorous if I knew why it was
happening and that it was safe, but the interrupted correspondence /was/
important.

TIA & regards,

Carl

  • Re: Black Friday
    ... Had to laugh since ... business partner development. ... the PR folks' first cut was to scrap the plans for some base jumpers ... Just can't be giving anyone ideas of jumpin' off like the Big Crash ...
    (rec.martial-arts)
  • [Full-Disclosure] [ GLSA 200410-23 ] Gaim: Multiple vulnerabilities
    ... Gaim is a full featured instant messaging client which handls a variety ... resulting in the crash of the application. ... A remote attacker could crash Gaim and possibly execute arbitrary code ... Gaim Security Issues ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • [ GLSA 200410-23 ] Gaim: Multiple vulnerabilities
    ... Gaim is a full featured instant messaging client which handls a variety ... resulting in the crash of the application. ... A remote attacker could crash Gaim and possibly execute arbitrary code ... Gaim Security Issues ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • [ GLSA 200410-23 ] Gaim: Multiple vulnerabilities
    ... Gaim is a full featured instant messaging client which handls a variety ... resulting in the crash of the application. ... A remote attacker could crash Gaim and possibly execute arbitrary code ... Gaim Security Issues ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • [Full-Disclosure] GAIM exploit
    ... Cause remote crash of GAIM client. ... when they accept the download (the download does not even begin, ...
    (Full-Disclosure)