[opensuse] pidgin for 10.2?

Hi All,

It appears pidgin 2.1.1 (successor to gaim) is included with openSUSE 10.3.
Does anyone know if there are any plans to backport it for 10.2 and/or
earlier?

I only ask because I've had gaim shut down (*not* crash, but actually sign out
and close) apparently on it's own, and b) twice, now, I've attempted to open
a chat with a relative and Vista has responded by promptly shutting down on
him.

I might have found the second strange behavior humorous if I knew why it was
happening and that it was safe, but the interrupted correspondence /was/
important.

TIA & regards,

Carl