[opensuse] Re: [RESOLVED] Site does not work in openSUSE version of Firefox but OK in Mozilla version?
- From: "Mark Goldstein" <goldstein.mark@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 19:05:40 +0200
On 10/26/07, Mark Goldstein <goldstein.mark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10/23/07, Mark Goldstein <goldstein.mark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have strange situation. The whole story is quite long, but briefly -...
bank site works correctly in Firefox under MS Windows and in Mozilla
version of FF under openSUSE, but does not work in openSUSE version
What happens is that the account page has upper line with "clickable"
icons and account data and also some "notebook" type menu with
When it works (MS Windows and Mozilla version of FF), the page is rendered once.
Under openSUSE FF the page is initially drawn correctly, but after
some delay it is re-drawn and this time it is distorted (no account
data) and icons and tabs becomes not clickable (cursor shape is not
changed on these items also).
I can say for sure that it did not work in openSUSE FF 188.8.131.52 and
does not work in 184.108.40.206 (latest).
I compared page source code in working case (under Mozilla FF) and in
bad case (SUSE FF) and to my surprise found out that when the page is
opened under Mozila FF, it contains reference to ieEmu.js while in
SUSE FF this script is not used.
I guess ieEmu is emulation of Internet Explorer.
So it looks like somehow SUSE version of FF identifies itself
differently and site does not handle it as FF.
I've checked that SUSE version has additional useragent fields: vendor
and vendorSub. Could they cause such a behavior?
Strange as it is, bank site probably uses these strings to identify
the client browser.
After adding these 2 fields to Mozilla FF, it stopped working.
I then removed them from SUSE FF (by editing firefox-novell.js) and
got the site working correctly in SUSE browser.
I hope, removing of these variables does not break anything?
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] SuSE 10.3 / nVidia / Twinview / KDE / AMD_64 / Compiz current issues
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] How do search and install rpm's from the commandline?
- Previous by thread: [opensuse] Re: Site does not work in openSUSE version of Firefox but OK in Mozilla version?
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] Re: [RESOLVED] Site does not work in openSUSE version of Firefox but OK in Mozilla version?