Re: [opensuse] The system crashes directly after login
- From: Aaron Kulkis <akulkis00@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 09:35:30 -0400
Just after my login screen the system crashes to console and returns
with a login screen.
It sounds like only X11 or maybe your graphical login shell crashes.
If your SYSTEM was crashing, the entire system would be dead until
you do a power reset.
I tried adding a new user and trying to log in
with that, I let xorgconfig generate a new xorg.conf (saved the old)
to no avail. The console doesn't report any problems.
I use OpenSUSE 10.2 with Gnome on a dmraid 0 system (on a Intel
82801ER Sata (fake)Raid controller). I am quite new in Linux, and
would dearly like to post the needed logs, but dont kow where to find
them (in Gnome I would be able to, but I cant start gnome atm)
You have to be logged into root to get into the directory.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Update on scanner..........
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] The system crashes directly after login
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] The system crashes directly after login
- Next by thread: [opensuse] HP C4380 All in one