[opensuse] sudo, and useradd

I am trying to setup sudo rights on a specific user (username: test), to
use the command: useradd

I have not used sudo before, and I played around with /etc/sudoers a
bit, but I keep getting the error:

useradd -c "JUST A TEST USER" -d /home/test -s /usr/bin/ksh
test2
Cannot lock password file: already locked.

My sudoers file looks like this currently:

/etc/sudoers

# create group LIMITEDTRUST with user test as a member
User_Alias LIMITEDTRUST=test
Cmnd_Alias PROGRAMS=/usr/sbin/useradd,/usr/bin/ksh

# members in the group LIMITEDTRUST are allowed to use sudo only with
the commands listed in cmnd alias PROGRAMS

#LIMITEDTRUST ALL=PROGRAMS, NOPASSWD:PROGRAMS
LIMITEDTRUST ALL = ALL

I am using Suse SLES9.

What do I need to do / change to get user "test" to be able to use
"useradd" ?

Dirk

*** Disclaimer ***

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and legally privileged and is intended solely for the addressee and to others who have the authority to receive it. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized and as such, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted in reliance on it is unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately.

The views expressed in this e-mail are the views of the individual sender and should in no way be construed as the views of the Company.

The Company is not liable to ensure that outgoing e-mails are virus-free.

The Company is not liable, should information or data, for whatever reason, be corrupted or fail to reach its intended addressee.

The Company is not liable for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising resulting from the opening or the use of the information in this e-mail, including its attachments and links.

The sender of this e-mail is subject to and bound by the terms and conditions of Company+IBk-s Electronic Communications Usage Policy.

  • Re: [kde-linux] KDE 4 and monitor powering off.
    ... I changed it so that it would run as root since I have to ... I have sudo configured so my normal user has very limited access (some ... commands, with specific parameters. ... The admin user has full passwordless access to do everything root could ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: trouble compiling Midnight Commander
    ... to get the file manager Midnight Commander running on my Mac Pro. ... first tried the Fink version, but that was essentially useless, so now ... sudo commands. ... I issued 'sudo make install' as the last of the commands listed ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Fwd: How to track down which commands sudoers set up?
    ... sent to list proper this time. ... How to track down which commands sudoers set up? ... I believe that sudo can be configured to limit the extent to which the ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Dumb question of the week.
    ... me a blood-red prompt. ... I think that 'root' commands must work without surprises like aliases ... My su and sudo work as defined in the man pages, ... which asks for the root password and then, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [opensuse] sudo, and useradd
    ... I have not used sudo before, and I played around with /etc/sudoers a ... # create group LIMITEDTRUST with user test as a member ... You need to use the sudo command. ...
    (SuSE)