Re: [opensuse] Mozilla package differences?

James Knott wrote:
G T Smith wrote:
James Knott wrote:
Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> [01-16-08 18:36]:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686 (x86_64); en-US; rv:1.8.1.11)
Gecko/20070803 SUSE/1.1.7-0.1 SeaMonkey/1.1.7
It sure looks like it says SUSE. I'll have to capture the text, next
time I see one of those messages.
click help -> about mozilla firefox

you should see: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/~pat/firefox.suse.version.jpg

Both Seamonkey and Firefox show SUSE. So, the question becomes why am I
seeing those update notices?

Are these for Firefox/Thunderbird itself or the plugins? I do get update
notices for non-SuSE plugins.

No, the one I saw yesterday was for Seamonkey. I'll have to see where
the next one takes me.

I guess I know what's happening.
You are using the SeaMonkey package from the openSUSE repository and not the ones from the mozilla one.
There is an error in the official one, which makes it look like an older version and so you get notified that there is a newer one. You can ignore that. I think there even is a pref to disable the check somewhere.

Wolfgang

  • Re: [SLE] Red Hats take:
    ... the library of my spell-checker, but SuSE is not, yet this is the ... version of SeaMonkey that is on SuSE's ftp site.. ... I am also led to wonder why the dictionary for SeaMonkey ... SuSE would be wrong, anyway. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Problem with SeaMonkey and a site...
    ... the same problem with the latest SuSE version of SeaMonkey? ... back or do not open a new window with the link it hangs SeaMonkey. ... This one runs on SUSE Linux 10.1 though. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] Red Hats take:
    ... the library of my spell-checker, but SuSE is not, yet this is the ... version of SeaMonkey that is on SuSE's ftp site.. ... I am also led to wonder why the dictionary for SeaMonkey ... SuSE would be wrong, anyway. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Mozilla package differences?
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] off-list replies
    ... accomplish the same thing, so it should work in T'bird also. ... takes effect immediately in Seamonkey, but I have no idea if a T'bird ... This does _NOT_ work with other Thunderbird versions as the SUSE ...
    (SuSE)