Re: [opensuse] A few questions about using LDAP
- From: Rui Santos <rsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 20:37:31 +0000
Carlos Lorenzo Matés wrote:
El Martes, 1 de Enero de 2008, Rui Santos escribió:Hi all,
I've just installed LDAP Server with openSUSE10.3. All users are able
to login from a specific openSUSE 10.3 machine. Here are the questions:
- How can I make LDAP use more than 8 characters in the password ? No
matter what scheme I use ( crypt, ssha, etc... ), YaST always complains
that it will only support 8 characters and will truncate the password to
those 8 characters.
You need to go to Yast
Admin adjustments tab
Configure user management options
adjust the entry of max password length
Thanks, ot worked like a charm.
- How can I change the LDAP password of a specific users without usingIt works for me
YaST ? When I type passwd and fill out everything, I get this error (
even with root user ):
Enter login(LDAP) password:
Reenter New Password:
LDAP password information update failed: Insufficient access
Must supply old password to be changed as well as new one
passwd: Permission denied
- Does the above command, passwd, allows regular users to change their
It also did for me after I removed the "Must provide old password checkbox".
Veni, vidi, Linux!
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: [opensuse] Re: Heads Up - New ATI Catalyst 8.1 (8.454) Driver, No DRI, No 3D
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] Heads UP - New ATI Catalyst 8.1 (8.454) Driver, No DRI, No 3D [Part Solved]
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] A few questions about using LDAP
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] [SOLVED]Re: smart --gui complains about missing gtk python interface