Re: [opensuse] A few questions about using LDAP

Carlos Lorenzo Matés wrote:
Hi.

El Martes, 1 de Enero de 2008, Rui Santos escribió:
Hi all,

I've just installed LDAP Server with openSUSE10.3. All users are able
to login from a specific openSUSE 10.3 machine. Here are the questions:

- How can I make LDAP use more than 8 characters in the password ? No
matter what scheme I use ( crypt, ssha, etc... ), YaST always complains
that it will only support 8 characters and will truncate the password to
those 8 characters.

You need to go to Yast
Ldap client
Advanced configuration
Admin adjustments tab
Configure user management options
select suseuserconfiguration
adjust the entry of max password length

Thanks, ot worked like a charm.

- How can I change the LDAP password of a specific users without using
YaST ? When I type passwd and fill out everything, I get this error (
even with root user ):
Enter login(LDAP) password:
New Password:
Reenter New Password:
LDAP password information update failed: Insufficient access
Must supply old password to be changed as well as new one
passwd: Permission denied

- Does the above command, passwd, allows regular users to change their
passwords ?

It works for me

It also did for me after I removed the "Must provide old password checkbox".

Thanks Carlos.

--
Rui Santos
http://www.ruisantos.com/