Re: [opensuse] Configuring the KDE desktop...
- From: Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 21:36:58 +0100
On Friday 29 February 2008 20:02:00 Henrik Schmiediche wrote:
I realize I can do this, but how do you configure the default desktop to be
different -- for any user that logs in?
You don't mention what version of suse you're running, so I'll assume kde3
The defaults are held in /etc/opt/kde3/share/config/, and the files in there
are used if the user hasn't done any local changes. If you want a setting to
be the default for all users, make your change to the config files there.
For the panel, the config file is kickerrc. To add konsole to it, add
Or simply create a new user, configure the panel the way you want it to be,
and copy kickerrc from .kde/share/config/ in that user's home directory
Be careful though, because kickerrc for some reason also contains "recent
application" for the menu.
Madness takes its toll
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Require help & guidance on displaying for presentation
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] Configuring the KDE desktop...
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] Configuring the KDE desktop...
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] Configuring the KDE desktop...