Re: [opensuse] natively supported external wireless cards?

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 6:06 AM, Sloan <joe@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello list,

I'm trying to find reports of a natively supported, usb wireless card
for suse 10.3

I haven't had any luck so far, so I'm reposting. Has anyone here
discovered a usb wireless dongle which will work out of the box on suse
10.3? By "out of the box" I mean the device shows up in yast, and can be
managed without command line activity. I don't mind some initial hassle
to get it working, as long as it "just works" for a newbie user, once
set up.

Feel free to answer even if you haven't had any personal experience. I'm
trying to track something down, anything, as long as it can be made to
work reliably on suse 10.3 for a newbie user.

Joe

Have you tried the Linksys WUSB54G? I got a friend who said he plugged
it in while installing 10.3 and it worked.

  • [opensuse] natively supported external wireless cards?
    ... Has anyone here discovered a usb wireless dongle which will work out of the box on suse 10.3? ... By "out of the box" I mean the device shows up in yast, and can be managed without command line activity. ... I'm trying to track something down, anything, as long as it can be made to work reliably on suse 10.3 for a newbie user. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] Please Help ! gtk fonts -Solved !!
    ... found out that I did not have gnome-control-center installed. ... To all who advised me it would be in Control Center; ... gnome-control-center must be run from the command line. ... There is not a word anywhere from SuSE about these things and their ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: simple LAN
    ... No. Kenneth on this list learned me about the command ip a which is ... not mentioned in O'Reilly's Nutshell or the SuSE manual. ... about how to find unknown IP addresses of computers in a LAN. ... if your internet router acts as a firewall for your ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Installing packages
    ... Suse is there a command line packaging system similar to either urpmi ... Can I configure Yast software management to download software from ... opened up the gui installer and installed it from CD1 & 2. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [SLE] printer loss [susepro 9.1]
    ... > I found that I had added port 631 to the firewall and the ... What does the command kcmshell printmgr show? ... required that you set a cups admin passwd with lppasswd -g sys root in ... UNIX since 1989, linux since 1994, SuSE since 1998 ...
    (SuSE)