Re: [opensuse] VMWARE vs. Virtual Box

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 4:10 PM, Vahe Avedissian <vyav@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm running opensuse 10.3 x64 and I have both vmware server and virtual box installed. I have created an xp vm using the SAME
XP boot disk with both.

I see virtual box boot my XP image in about 3 seconds, whereas vmware takes several MINUTES. I have not tried to delete and
re-create the vmware vm. I just wanted to know if anyone else is seeing similar behavior.

Vahe

Your Virtual Box is lying to you. You couldn't boot XP in 3 seconds
even on REAL hardware.

Virtual box is simply SUSPENDING the XP. (memory image to disk).

You can get the same performance from Vmware by choosing VM/Power/Suspend from
the menu. This almost always works with later versions of windows and
almost always
causes problems with Win9x versions.