Re: [opensuse] Firefox update failed

Hi,

Tamas Sarga wrote:

I tried to update Firefox from the Mozilla repository. With Updater
Applet it resulted:
Installation of [S3:1][package]MozillaFirefox-2.0.0.12-6.1.i586 failed:
(with --nodeps --force) Error: Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed:
Usage: usr/bin/update-mime-database [-hvV] MIME-DIR
No directories in update-desktop-database search path could be processed
and updated.
error: %postun(MozillaFirefox-2.0.0.12-5.1.i586) scriptlet failed, exit
status 1 (with --nodeps --force) Error

With online update it resulted:
Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed: Usage:
usr/bin/update-mime-database [-hvV] MIME-DIR
No directories in update-desktop-database search path could be processed
and updated.
error: %postun(MozillaFirefox-2.0.0.12-5.1.i586) scriptlet failed, exit
status 1

yes, sorry. There was a typo in the postuninstall script.
Have you got the new version installed correctly?

rpm -q MozillaFirefox ?

If you still have the old version around, remove it manually with rpm -e --noscripts and then you can install the new one.

Wolfgang

  • [opensuse] updating firefox with yast
    ... it fails with error: ... Error: RPM failed: Usage: ... No directories in update-desktop-database search path could be processed and updated. ... %postunscriptlet failed, exit status 1 ...
    (SuSE)
  • [opensuse] firefox upgrading problem
    ... I got a firefox update failure today when I tried to install packages ... from yast2 (software management-package-all packages-update if newer ... No directories in update-desktop-database search path could be ... error: %postunscriptlet failed, exit ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Firefox update fails
    ... Error: RPM failed: Usage: ... update-desktop-database search path could be processed and updated. ... scriptlet failed, exit status 1 ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Firefox update fails
    ... Mozilla update fails with following message:- ... Error: RPM failed: Usage: ... update-desktop-database search path could be processed and updated. ... scriptlet failed, exit status 1 ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)