Re: [opensuse] Computer keeps ejeting CD-Rom

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 6:38 AM, Carlos E. R.
<robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The Saturday 2008-03-29 at 13:40 +0100, Matthias Bach wrote:

> Am Samstag 29 März 2008 schrieb Matthias Bach:
>> After installing OpenSUSE 10.3 the computer keeps ejecting any not ativly
>> used CD after a view Minutes.
>
> Just an addition. The system is running KDE. If nobody is logged in the
> computer will not start ejecting the CD.

Disable automount. Or at lest, manually mount the CD. Or in a konsole or
xterm, do a "cd" to the cdrom directory: this way the directory will be
active and can not be umounted.

This is not the answer Carlos, because this behavior of ejecting unused CDs is
not the norm. I leave DVDs and CDs in the drive of my machine and don't
see this.