Re: [opensuse] Computer keeps ejeting CD-Rom
- From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 15:56:50 +0200 (CEST)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
The Sunday 2008-03-30 at 13:16 +0200, Matthias Bach wrote:
Tell them to keep a konqueror or any browser window opened on that CD.
That won't work, as Konqueror will not keep the directory open while
Another app, then... Nautilus? No, that creates havoc with the kde desktop. An editor... no, it is read only. Buf.
What about an icon triggering a cron task reading the cd directory?
If somebody knows how the automounter logic works, perhaps he can think of a real solution. I don't like the automounter, I use manual mount when ever I can - but that's me. Sorry I can't offer a real solution, only hacks.
An icon triggering a manual mount / umount action? Depends on your users, of course...
- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.4-svn0 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] download.opensuse.com/repositories is Having Problems
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] problem with OpenSUSE 11.0 Alpha3 dvd media
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] Computer keeps ejeting CD-Rom
- Next by thread: [opensuse] Xorg changing screen size and SaX2