Re: [opensuse] Suggestions for backup software?
- From: Lew Wolfgang <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 16:29:40 -0700
Stan Goodman wrote:
What software do you suggest for doing this? That is what is foremost on my mind at this stage.
I've had good luck with rdiff-backup. It's in the main SuSE repository
and is easy to install. I've used it both for disk-to-disk backups
on the same machine and for remote-server pulls using ssh. I've even
used it for backing up Windows boxes using smbfs to mount their
exported "folders", then rdiff-backup to a local hard disk. Runs
fine from cron.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Is it possible to remove a disappeared Panel, and install a new one?
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] 10.3 half way installed, crashed. How can I continue the install?
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] Suggestions for backup software?
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] Suggestions for backup software?