[opensuse] suse 10 freezes randomly on ibm blade

hi,

we are testing several java (java-version: 1.5.0_10) applications on suse 10 (version 2.6.16.46) with 16 cpu´s (intel xeon 3.00ghz) and 4GB ram on a ibm blade. sometimes it happens that suse freezes randomly and i can´t access the machine via ssh or anything else anymore.
i only can push the reset-button. there is really nothing useful in the log files.

we have the same setup running on a second ibm blade with 8 cpu´s and 16GB ram - without any problems.

you guys have any idea what could be the problem with the first setup (16 cpu + 4GB ram)? maybe little ram-memory?

thanks in advance, marton

  • [opensuse] Include year in timestamp, in log files (syslog-ng)
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Why are there not more using Linux?
    ... With thanks to all who've made this what it is, and with continuing faith that one day it'll be what it deserves to be, and have the acceptance and mainstream support it deserves. ... I recently bought a VIC 20, which was my first computer. ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] HP Pavilion DV6000 No Microphone input
    ... Only the microphone input, needed with Skype, doesn't work. ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... I fired up a KDE app called Kmix. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: 11.0 & PATH variable
    ... Yea, Brian. ... I'm not averse to adjusting -- I just like to know AHEAD of ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] HP Pavilion DV6000 No Microphone input
    ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... I fired up a KDE app called Kmix. ... Kmix is one of the apps. ...
    (SuSE)