[opensuse] Installation from ISO
- From: Michael Kirchner <michael@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 19:48:25 +0200
I'm somewhat a newbie to Linux. (Again)
I tried to follow
(The reason is that I could not burn the images, something allways goes wrong.)
Anyway, installtion from the image does not work. I could read the iso and get all packages. Immediatly after setting up Yast and agreeing to all licences the installation starts and stops with
Failed to mount /dev/sda6 on /mnt/var/temp/ap0x00001
Mounting media failed
(mount: /dev/sda6 already mounted or /mnt/var/temp/ap0x0001 busy)
I could not skip this error message.
/dev/sda6 is the location of the image. So it might be that the installtion system tries to again mount, what it already has mounted. (But IIRC /dev/sda6 was not set up to be mounted as /windows/something in the expert mode partition setup.)
I also tried some other similar things with the iso image unpacked and then installing with harddrive as source, but it stops at the same time.
Any ideas? Or is the iso image installation simply broken and I have to try harder for some more burning?
Michael Thomas Kirchner
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Java plug-ins
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] Questions about some changes I have noticed with v10.3
- Previous by thread: [opensuse] Hauppauge HVR900H in openSUSE?
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] Installation from ISO