Re: [opensuse] Amarok with MP3 on OpenSuse 10.3

Afan Pasalic schreef:
On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 22:11 +0200, Oddball wrote:
Afan Pasalic schreef:
since I had similar problem, I did "purchased" and installed (copied)
the .so file. but nothing happened. I still can see amarok "plays" the
mp3 file, "the clock" is ticking... I can see it plays but can't hear
it?

yes, the speakers are not mute and volume is "loud" enough to hear
something. :D

thanks.

-afan

Are you sure your soundcard works?
Or that the soundcard on Kmix, is the card you use?

--

Enjoy your time around,

Oddball

when tried to open Kmix / Sound System Configuration I got an message:
"The Service 'Sound System' provides no library or the Library key is
missing in the .desktop fileLibrary files for "arts" not found i paths.

Possible reasons:
* An error occurred during your last KDE upgrade leaving an orphaned
control module
* You have old third party modules lying around

????

Why don't you look in software in Yast2 for updates for amarok and install the gstreamer and fluendo plugins from there?
Do you have online repos installed?

--

Enjoy your time around,

Oddball (Now or never...)

OS: Linux 2.6.25-rc8-12-default x86_64
Current user: oddball@AMD64x2-sfn1
System: openSUSE 11.0 (x86_64) Alpha3
KDE: 4.00.68 (KDE 4.0.68 >= 20080402) "release 3.1"