Re: [opensuse] Update kills KDE Control Center Admin Mode

Ken Schneider wrote:
Fred A. Miller pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
Jim Flanagan wrote:
I'm not sure which one, but a recent update seems to have killed Admin mode in KDE on 10.3. Clicking the Admin Mode button in any control center window shows the red ring, but the thing hangs forever. Not sure exactly when or why, but I noticed this after todays updates, on 3 different 10.3 installs. Any clues?

Yep......does the same thing on my 64-bit laptop...don't know about any others yet. I checked this on the font installer.

Same problem here on 10.3 32 bit.
Just a stab in the dark, perhaps the SSH update from yesterday?

At first stab, "I don't think so". To test, I just opened control center, confirmed it worked and then closed it.

Then I did a zypper up that installed:

openssh-4.6p1-58.3_58.6.i586.delta.rpm
openssh-askpass-4.6p1-58.3_58.6.i586.delta.rpm

Then I opened up control center again and it worked without issue. I haven't restarted kdm yet, so we shall see...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC