Re: [opensuse] Update kills KDE Control Center Admin Mode

Ken Schneider wrote:
Fred A. Miller pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
Jim Flanagan wrote:
I'm not sure which one, but a recent update seems to have killed Admin mode in KDE on 10.3. Clicking the Admin Mode button in any control center window shows the red ring, but the thing hangs forever. Not sure exactly when or why, but I noticed this after todays updates, on 3 different 10.3 installs. Any clues?

Yep......does the same thing on my 64-bit laptop...don't know about any others yet. I checked this on the font installer.

Same problem here on 10.3 32 bit.
Just a stab in the dark, perhaps the SSH update from yesterday?

At first stab, "I don't think so". To test, I just opened control center, confirmed it worked and then closed it.

Then I did a zypper up that installed:

openssh-4.6p1-58.3_58.6.i586.delta.rpm
openssh-askpass-4.6p1-58.3_58.6.i586.delta.rpm

Then I opened up control center again and it worked without issue. I haven't restarted kdm yet, so we shall see...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC

  • Re: [opensuse] Update kills KDE Control Center Admin Mode
    ... Clicking the Admin Mode button in any control center window shows the red ring, ... Not sure exactly when or why, but I noticed this after todays updates, on 3 different 10.3 installs. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: VB6 ActiveX crashes Test Container application
    ... perfectly fine on my development machine and other test machines. ... control contains some common edit boxes, combo boxes, drop lists, lists ... getting broken but Windows/Office Update installs SP6 versions of the ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.controls)
  • Re: The default privillage of Windows Server 2000
    ... change it to full control for system and administrators and give users ... IIS is installed and enabled on all installs of W2K and ... in a vulnerable state which would be a much bigger risk. ...
  • Re: FC 3 weird problem
    ... >>to make any changes to the control center that require admin priviledges. ... I'm using KDE 3.4 with all upgrades via Yum. ... I am not sure what the Admin Mode button is. ... However if you want to run the control center as root, ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: OpenOffice 2.0.3
    ... Is there a way to control where it installs? ... Do I want to control that, ... -> now I can run my machine in selinux enforcing mode. ... All you probably need to do is to change the SELinux context type of all of the shared libraries in OOo to textrel_shlib_t. ...
    (Fedora)