Re: [opensuse] Xen: Is it Ready?

On Friday 11 April 2008 05:25:51 am Donald D Henson wrote:

Has anyone used Xen running Linux & Windows on the same hardware?

I haven't done so myself, but I I did see at a Microsoft Launch Event a month
or so where they were showing off Windows Workstation 2003 running inside Xen
on SLES.

I've heard from Brainshare that the fastest way to run Windows 2003 is from
within Xen.

--
kai
www.filesite.org || www.4thedadz.com || www.perfectreign.com

  • Re: [opensuse] Xen: Is it Ready?
    ... Has anyone used Xen running Linux & Windows on the same hardware? ... but I I did see at a Microsoft Launch Event a month ... I have heard that win 2003 runs faster on XEN then on a hardware server also. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: The revelation of St. f0dder the Divine
    ... Even for Microsoft, that would be an error of the highest ... for them...you CANNOT have such a "casual" attitude to concurrency on ... You simply could not get Windows to operate at all, ... how can it only effect specific hardware? ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Advertising "Linux Compatible"
    ... The OEM hardware comes with a Windows Driver. ... natively support that particular piece of hardware. ... Windows by developing drivers themselves. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Device Driver that uploads its own code?
    ... driver to implement an adaptive timing loop; ... respond/interact with hardware with microsecond precision. ... real-time and linear, the idea of fluctuating state and variable latency ... where the connection to Windows is largely ...
  • Re: Universal sound card?
    ... all my fault that linux won't work with my hardware. ... If you're running windows, this is usually not a concern. ... for GNU/Linux, doesn't mean that your hardware is standard. ... Those highschool kids are actually qualified engineers, and those drivers ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)