Re: [opensuse] Tabbed browsing in Konqueror

On Friday 23 May 2008 14:03:10 Dave Plater wrote:
John wrote:
On Friday 23 May 2008 12:26:27 Bob Williams wrote:
My preference is to have one instance of Konqueror in web browser
mode, and open all links in tabs in that one instance. I'm not
talking about Konqueror in file manager mode, here.

I thought the following would achieve what I want, but it doesn't :(

Settings:
Configure Konqueror:
Web Behaviour:
Tabbed Browsing:

Select: 'Open links in new tab instead of in new window'

Advanced Options:

Select: 'Open as tab in existing Konqueror when URL is called
externally'

When I click on a link in Kmail or Knode a new instance of Konqueror
gets fired up with a single tab containing the URL I clicked on,
even if there is another instance of Konqueror already running in
web browsing mode.

What am I missing?
--

Try kde menu personal > settings > internet & network > web browser >
web behavior > open links in a new tab

That gets me to where I was before (see above) by a slightly different
route. All the settings I described in my original post are as they were.

If you want to keep konqueror's
view under settings save view profile

Sorry, that didn't work :(

Regards