Re: [opensuse] New Laptop Hard Drive
- From: James Pifer <jep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 13:01:57 -0400
On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 18:42 +0200, Anders Johansson wrote:
On Tuesday 05 August 2008 17:58:15 James Pifer wrote:
I got a new 320 gb hard drive to replace my current 120 gb. The old
drive is running OSS 10.3.
I know the cleanest way is to reinstall the OS and then restore data,
etc, but I'd rather move the installation than reinstall everything.
Ghost - Bombs at different locations
Ghost for Linux + gparted - This seems to transfer everything ok. Then I
tried to use gparted to check the file systems and resize them. Problem
is this results in:
Unable to open /dev/sr0 read-write (Read-only file system). /dev/sr0 has
been opened read-only.
/dev/sr0: unrecognized disk label
sr0 is a CD writer. It's probably not what you want to run gparted on
okay, so I can safely ignore those.
Anyway, I was able to get this working. I had to edit menu.lst and
change the boot partition. Then I had to change /etc/fstab. All appears
to be good now.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] New Laptop Hard Drive
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] KDE4 System Tray Not Working
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] New Laptop Hard Drive
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] New Laptop Hard Drive