Re: [opensuse] How to tell what format is a partions

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 7:11 PM, Chuck Payne <terrorpup@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This might be a nubie question, but last night I installed a new sata
card and 1TB drive. Well, I thought I had made the 1TB drive ext3, but
when I got to mount it, I get wrong super block error. Now, if I tell
that to mount it with auto it does. So how can I tell what format is
the partions, because it not ext3.

If you have KDE installed you can simply open "My Computer" on the
desktop and it will show all the mounted disks and the format.

  • Re: BD-RE mount problem
    ... It appeared to format correctly - and no longer shows as an empty BD-RE disc when I insert it - but still wouldn't mount. ... Running mount shows that it is mounted as a udf file system. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: BD-RE mount problem
    ... I tried a new disc again, and this time formatted it through K3B ... All the mount attempts give exactly the same result: ... Running mount shows that it is mounted as a udf file system. ... I started up k3B and tried tools | format. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: 3310 disk array that is killing me!
    ... any help would be truly appreciated, thanks.What device name appears in `format'? ... Have you tried the `mount' ... You could try the `fstyp' command to see what it is. ... Please re-run mkfs with corrected parameters ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Removing Windows Partition
    ... That way you can easily update SUSE without the need to ... Now you have /home as a seperate partition, which will be a lot better ... just remember not to format /dev/hda1 and mount /dev/hda1 as /home. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Need help with a PeeCee again.
    ... Well, more than likely, she burned to a "Joliet" format CD (Micro$lop's ... MOUNT so the files are seen as Fixed-512. ... Interesting that Joliet, IL is the home of the state penitentiary. ... Unofficial Affordable OpenVMS Home Page: ...
    (comp.os.vms)