Re: [opensuse] Microsoft Office Keyboard

On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 22:19 +0200, skx wrote:
I am trying to configure Microsoft Office Keyboard.

I have tried simply choosing it in YaST's Keyboard Layout and 3rd party
lineak and keytouch (which is better) but can't get the scroll and most
of the shortcut-keys to work properly. Also the reaction to cut/paste is
annoyingly delayed.

How to configure this keyboard to work with openSUSE 11?

I have tried to get the scroll working, along with the application
switch keys, but they don't send events to xorg. If you run 'xev' in a
terminal, then try the keys on the keyboard you will get the keycodes
that are sent to Xorg. The special keys on the Office keyboard don't
send any events.

I did once install KeyTouch which has a definition file for the Office
keyboard, but I couldn't seem to get anything extra to work. YMMV.

Let the list know if you do get anything going.

Cheers,

Allen

  • Re: Directional buttons
    ... NOTES + 1 column for a border, so every pay period is 16 columns wide. ... hold down the 'Alt' key while pressing PageUP (scroll left) or PageDn ... work on some screens but not for others. ... That said, the code to manage this is fairly complex because it compensates for wherever the user has navigated by any other means (tab, keyboard). ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Set focus to a div
    ... scroll using the arrow keys in Firefox and in IE. ... So you don't need to tell me that the second mock-up doesn't work ... scrollable area before you can scroll it with the keyboard. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: Key Codes for setkeycodes
    ... >>> Dotan Cohen ... functionality to a scrollbar on my A4 keyboard. ... When I scroll up, I ... the scroll wheel on the keyboard is useless in graphical mode ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Setting focus on div with Mozilla
    ... How do you set that focus with the keyboard in IE? ... activate them and then be able to scroll them. ... keyboard in most browsers. ... Sander Tekelenburg, ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets)
  • Re: Why I hate Mac & OSX
    ...  removed a bunch of very useful keys from the keyboard. ... All keys which you as a coder use a lot. ... There is a scroll up and scroll down, ... that is not the same thing though because it doesn't move the cursor ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)