[opensuse] Re: Beagle sucks

Kevin Dupuy <kevin.dupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

We've been through this. I don't want another thread where the entire
content value of the thread is personal attacks and no real consensus
is made.

I agree with John. If SUSE really want an indexed search system, why not
just use Tracker:

http://www.gnome.org/projects/tracker/

,which is a lot faster and resource friendly than the crap that Beagle
is? After all, Tracker is a freedesktop.org standard.

Charles

  • Re: [opensuse] Re: Beagle sucks
    ... If SUSE really want an indexed search system, ... ,which is a lot faster and resource friendly than the crap that Beagle ... Tracker is a freedesktop.org standard. ... Check the plugin support for both, beagle contains more. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] tracker-miner-fs and the gnome-panel-applet-tracker
    ... it hogs the cpu for a little while. ... "Tracker" in the box that you'll find when you click on the Suse button." ... Will disabling it affect firefox and thunderbird? ...
    (SuSE)
  • [opensuse] tracker-miner-fs and the gnome-panel-applet-tracker
    ... The solution given at the end of the thread is, "If you have the gnome-panel-applet-tracker installed, you can disable it, just write "Tracker" in the box that you'll find when you click on the Suse button." ... Will disabling it affect firefox and thunderbird? ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: SF bug / patch / RFE tracker search?
    ... jjl@pobox.com (John J. Lee) writes: ... > of the silly OR that the SF tracker search box uses)? ... It might be possible to build such a thing on top of the SF tracker ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • bit torrent
    ... Has anybody got bit torrent working with SuSE 9.0? ... error connecting to the tracker which I'm guessing is due to the SuSE ... Is this only way around this to shut down the firewall? ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)