Re: [opensuse] GUI SSH Client

On Saturday 16 August 2008 12:27, Andrew Joakimsen wrote:
Is there a GUI ssh client I can use? On Windows I use putty. I
constantly have to use SSH tunneling and I know it can be done in the
commandline but I prefer to use GUI client.

There's scarcely a difference, is there? I mean, you have to have a
terminal emulator running.

Anyway, if you install kssh, it integrates with Konsole to add an SSH
session definition and supplies a helper dialog that makes it easy to
specify all the SSH options (the one part where a GUI is meaningful, I
suppose). Kssh also remembers the sessions you've connected and all the
settings you used to make them (it even knows all the distinct user
names you used to connect to each host), freeing you from having to
re-enter all those details each time. The other difference when
creating a Konsole session (using kssh) that directly establishes an
SSH connection is that you don't have a superfluous shell sitting
around just waiting for the SSH process to terminate.

Randall Schulz

  • Re: use dd as remote system duplication tool.
    ... I want to duplicate a remote system to a local flash disk. ... I use 'dd' with ssh with the following syntax, ... What should be the correct commandline I have to use in this situiation? ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: use dd as remote system duplication tool.
    ... I want to duplicate a remote system to a local flash disk. ... I use 'dd' with ssh with the following syntax, ... What should be the correct commandline I have to use in this situiation? ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: X-Windows on Remote
    ... What about X-forwarding? ... From commandline: ... "ssh -X username@hostname". ... fedora-list mailing list ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: unresponsive ssh sessions
    ... but now the session window is just dying. ... Also, I ssh from this same box to another ubuntu server on the network, and ssh windows to that box keep working fine, no matter how much idle they are. ... the ssh session hangs if no activity for 1-2 hours. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Learning Expect - Some help with a straightforward script + advice on cleaner ways to do thi
    ...  This is the first script of a few to go across multiple servers, but basically I have a very, very, very outdated hosts file that needs to be updated, as well as servers whose ... This script is used to ensure servers are up and running. ... # Need a way to check for an ssh time out/hang on connect ... # - Checking if the ssh session is connecting and then getting term'd ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)