[opensuse] What is "Streamlined Blackhole"

I've been trying to find out why Xming (on Windows) no longer works with XDMCP on SUSE, though it is possible to start an X app, using ssh etc. In comparing Xming with a Linux system connecting with XDMCP, I see the Windows box is using port 1039 as the source UDP port for XDMCP, whereas Linux uses a port over 55,000. Wireshark shows UDP port 1039 as "Streamlined Blackhole", but a Google search doesn't turn up much useful info. Is that port number what's causing the problem? Does anyone know what "Streamlined Blackhole" is?

tnx jk

  • Re: keeping ports open
    ... If a port is open, it means that 1) a software or service is running on your ... and 2) you're not using a firewall or your firewall isn't ... Use firewall software and hardware and antivirus software that is ... Follow the instructions for hardening Windows and IIS at ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • [Full-Disclosure] ron1n phone home, episode 4
    ... Hacking from Windows 3.x, 95 and NT ... Use secret Windows 95 DOS commands to track down and port surf computers ... Download hacker tools such as port scanners and password crackers designed ... Now you have the option of eight TCP/IP utilities to play with: telnet, ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: How to Maintain an IIS Server?
    ... > server running on a Windows 2000 server. ... before a firewall and antivirus have been installed]. ... open ports; however, this will not identify which program is using the port. ...
  • RE: xp pro sharing printer
    ... How to troubleshoot network printing problems in Windows XP ... SMB-connected print server ... Incompatible print driver ... and then redirect the port to the network server. ...
  • Re: Is secedit.exe left by a hacker?
    ... >> tested on port 445. ... >> I have a Linksys router that I use as a firewall to my ... >investigate the files on your computer - antivirus with ... >windows and everything else. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)