Re: [opensuse] Need help!
- From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 00:30:47 -0500
On Sunday 24 August 2008 04:27:49 pm Chuck Payne wrote:
Thanks, your help was what I was needing. I have install the
dd_rescue, and I have found this page that explain how to recover my
files and remove that bad sector too.
Man, dd_rescue ROCKS!. I was able to get my data with it. I use this
dd_rescue -A -v -b 4096 /dev/sdc2 /mnt/backup.img. That took about
3hrs for 5gigs. Once it was done, I ran reiserfsck --check
/mnt/backup.img, it came back clean. Now, I got mount -o loop
/mnt/backup.img /backup. Thanks again for the help.
Reiserfs was mentioned in this paper:
as oversensitive to errors making sometimes situation worse than it actually
There is from same Google search:
It is a bit old.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Firefox Mail-To
- Next by Date: [opensuse] Question on Software Management
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] Need help!
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] Need help!