Re: [opensuse] Re: Certification for SUSE - does it exist ?

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008, David C. Rankin wrote:-

I haven't checked, but I would wager that the total storage required
for a past release + update + build-service even for x86, x86_64, ppc,
etc. isn't more that 25G.

You might want to guess again. I don't mirror PPC packages, only having
the one PPC based system, and the present space used by update mirrors
are:

davjam@playing:/media/share/suse/i386/update> du --max-depth=1 -h
8.5G ./9.1
11G ./9.3
24G ./10.1
19G ./10.2
15G ./10.3
2.8G ./11.0
4.0K ./11.1
79G .

While my network installation sources use:

davjam@playing:/media/share/suse/i386/update/10.3> du --max-depth=1 -h /mounts/cobra-mk3/local/
0 /mounts/cobra-mk3/local/makeSUSEdvd-src
7.9G /mounts/cobra-mk3/local/openSUSE-10.2-GM
17G /mounts/cobra-mk3/local/openSUSE-10.3-GM
6.8G /mounts/cobra-mk3/local/openSUSE-11.0
0 /mounts/cobra-mk3/local/openSUSE-factory
32G /mounts/cobra-mk3/local/

My local installation source for 10.3 was created using the DVDs from
the boxed set as the initial source, and then used rsync and the OSS to
make it work properly.

For 10.2, I used the boxed set DVD. I haven't (yet) mirrored the OSS
repo. The same method was used to create my 11.0 repo, and that is yet
to have rsync and the OSS repo "treatment".

Regards,
David Bolt

--
Team Acorn: http://www.distributed.net/ OGR-P2 @ ~100Mnodes RC5-72 @ ~15Mkeys
SUSE 10.1 32 | | openSUSE 10.3 32b | openSUSE 11.0 32b
| openSUSE 10.2 64b | openSUSE 10.3 64b | openSUSE 11.0 64b
RISC OS 3.6 | TOS 4.02 | openSUSE 10.3 PPC | RISC OS 3.11

  • [opensuse] round robin dns for the repo mirrors
    ... This royally screwed up an rsync mirror script I have which TRIES to be careful and test for the existence of the target dir before performing a potentially destructive rsync from it. ... The exact example I noticed just now was I was working on the mirror script and using 10.2/oss as a test case for a repo that has dissappeared off most servers. ...
    (SuSE)
  • [opensuse] xdmcp
    ... round robin dns for the repo mirrors ... This royally screwed up an rsync mirror script I have which TRIES to be ... So, I added a check to my script, instead of just rsyncing, check if it's ...
    (SuSE)
  • [opensuse] Offline Repository for openSUSE
    ... and updates from the internet. ... For the online updates you would need to mirror ... it will take long to redo the whole repo until I get it right. ... Also, once I download the whole repo, keeping it up to date without ...
    (SuSE)
  • Apt-mirror and merge with security updates local repo
    ... the houses to comunicate and share files, I wan't provide a mirror from ... In this case I only wan't to get the updates that someone need. ... integrate all in one big repo. ... Client computer do command apt-get update then apt-get upgrade ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: yum gone crazy
    ... a normal HTTP/FTP server, rsync, space on a server ... This makes it more likely that the various mirror sites around the world ... Given that, there's no scope for intelligence at the repo end, it all ... Probably yum should be better at retrying ...
    (Fedora)