[opensuse] remove raid from hard drive
- From: Damon Register <damon.w.register@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 14:12:49 -0400
A year or so ago I experimented with raid on my pc. I don't remember
the brand but I remember the card was a soft raid controller. I eventually
gave up and just went to making backups. It doesn't seem to bother Windows
but When I try to install SuSE, the drive is detected as a raid drive.
I need to know how to remove the raid marking so the drive will be a
normal drive again. Because of some other problems with the partitions,
I would like to totally wipe the drive and start over (as if I just bought it).
I don't know how to wipe in a way that will also remove the raid marking.
Though I have tried reading about raid, I don't understand well about such
things as the superblock and I don't know where this superblock is or if
that is what is causing the drive to be detected as a raid drive.
So far in searching this list and googling, I haven't come up with
anything. Any suggestions?
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] hard drive pause when moving a laptop
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] hard drive pause when moving a laptop
- Previous by thread: [opensuse] Alternate to VIper Guestbook
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] remove raid from hard drive