Re: [opensuse] Can't boot 10.3 after 11.0 install -No ideas ? Please?

* Bob S <911@xxxxxxxxxxx> [01-01-70 11:34]:
On Tuesday 02 September 2008 18:25:36 Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Bob S <911@xxxxxxxxxxx> [09-02-08 17:46]:
During the boot up process it fails and dumps me into maintenance mode.
It says "FSCK failed for at least one filesystem. (not /)Then to do it
manually and reboot.

I shutdown and then did an fsck on the entire filesystem. (All three
drives) Didn't help. Now the funny thing is that 10.2 and the new 11.0
boot OK and every fstab is exactly the same.

you don't reall mean this? all three fstabs are the same? They
cannot be, addressing three different systems!

Hi Patrick, Thanks for replying.

Yes, I do. That way I could access any file on any system. Worked just fine on
10.2 and 10.3. If I can't cure it I will try modifying the fstab files.

More explanation is necessary. You cannot have all three systems
using the same root and the same /var, and .... And you said that you
did not share /var....

Thus the three fstabs *must* be different. Please explain

  • Re: Maxtor ATA133 controller and boot problems
    ... Sybren Stuvel wrote: ... > Filesystem corruption, probably. ... my only problem is that i can't get permissions to write my fstab even ... none /mnt/cdrw supermount ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: [opensuse] Cant boot 10.3 after 11.0 install - explanation for Patrick
    ... On Tuesday 02 September 2008 21:56:34 Patrick Shanahan wrote: ... I shutdown and then did an fsck on the entire filesystem. ... new 11.0 boot OK and every fstab is exactly the same. ... Whatever os was booted seemed to find it's own partitions to ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: moving /home
    ... From man fstab: ... >> or xfs) filesystem that is to be mounted by its UUID or volume label ... adding or removing a SCSI disk changes the disk ... time to wrap the concepts around my brain of the Linux file systems and how ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: fstab
    ... it says mount point rw does not exist ... i actually don't have a backup of fstab in another place but i can edit the ... > to repair filesystem but i can seem to overwrite the fstab manually....it ... This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by Email Virus Scanner, and is believed to be clean. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Having problems with fixit floppy mounting filesystems
    ... the wrong line in fstab or typo'ed something. ... It complains bitterly at boot time about not finding things ... I can get to the fixit command prompt but when I issue mount /dev/ad0s1a ... /mnt to get the root filesystem mounted all I get is "operation not ...
    (freebsd-questions)