Re: [opensuse] Package manager for command line?

On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 12:56:35PM +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:
zypper is official, meaning it is maintained be suse.
But I do not know if it is installed always, the main installer is Yast.

Can yast be used non-interactive?

  • Re: [opensuse] Post installation queries (FIRST successful installation of Linux)
    ... way to manage users on opensuse is with yast. ... You use the 'passwd' command to change the passwords from the command line. ... By default, if you su to root, you can change/reset any user password simply ... the installer do that to me, so others will need to chime in on how to fix ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Redesign of YaST Control Center
    ... YaST isn't broken... ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... I don't see many issues on the mailing list except for those caused by users trying to install bleeding-edge, unstable features on their 10.3 system. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: acroread 7.0.0 conflict (suse 9.2) online update!
    ... from within YaST you don't really look at the contents of the ... >> lot easier to explore different mirrors, ... way that while installing software you navigate inside ... the installer to the location you've selected and the installer ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [opensuse] Updates and other s/w management on 10.3
    ... package are quite a time hit. ... I leave YaST an re-enter I have to wait again ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Installation problem 10.3
    ... I can change the resolution at boot to 1600 x 1200. ... 40 seconds and go to yast text mode with the following error: ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)