[opensuse] Can't play my dvd's any more

Watching all the traffic recently regarding dvd playing, I installed the
software according to M. Nomiya's advice, and played a couple of dvd's
without problem (we only have one TV, and my wife monopolizes it until
10PM :-).

Tonight I tried to watch another track of one that I'd watched two
nights ago. I insert the dvd, and I get an immediate message from
Konqueror, "invalid file type". So I figure I must have started it up
with mplayer and start mplayer. Nothing.

I just used both of these dvd's with no issues two days ago. Yesterday
there was a kernel update, but I don't remember anything else.

Any ideas what I've done wrong?

John Perry